Zac tries out an Oculus Quest 2, a high-profile machine learning exec quits over Apple’s work from home policy, the iPhone might finally go to USB-C next year, and Apple discontinues the iPod for good.
Sponsored by NetSuite: The CFOs that get it, get it. The CFOs that don’t, don’t. Over 29,000 businesses already use NetSuite. Head to NetSuite.com/HappyHour for a special one-of-a-kind financing offer.
Zac Hall @apollozac
Benjamin Mayo @bzamayo
- Apple director of machine learning departs over return to in-person work policy
- Apple restructuring Services team to focus more on streaming and advertising businesses
- Gurman: Apple has explored ‘Instacart-like service’ with Health app integration
- Netflix hopes to launch ad-supported tier and crack down on password sharing this year
- Apple TV+ film Emancipation reportedly moving to 2023 release after Will Smith slap incident
- Report: Apple planning new colors for AirPods Max alongside AirPods Pro 2 launch this fall
- Apple discontinues iPod touch, ending 20 year run of iconic ‘iPod’ brand
- Memories of the iPod: A device that transformed our relationship to music
- iPod touch is now completely sold out in the US Apple Online Store
- USB-C iPhone 15 in the works, claims Kuo, following supply-chain survey
- Bloomberg backs report that iPhone 15 may switch to USB-C charging port next year
Listen to more Happy Hour Episodes
Listen to more 9to5 Podcasts
Enjoy the podcast?
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.