Last year saw Anker combine wireless charging with a Bluetooth speaker and alarm clock in a device called the Wakey that was almost perfect except for the omission of a smart assistant. Belkin has improved upon the formula with its SoundForm Elite that features wireless charging built-in to a Bluetooth speaker that has Google Assistant functionality baked-in.
With a design that takes its cues from Google’s Nest Mini’s fabric mesh, the SoundForm Elite sports a 10W wireless charger on top that is angled so that that the display of the smartphone is visible. Belkin partnered up with Devialet to optimize the audio on the device that features a “Push-Push” dual woofer configuration that cancels vibrations while ensuring a deep, impactful sound experience with powerful bass.
- Colors: Black and White
- Sound Stage: Mono with SAM® by Devialet
- Controls: Play/Pause, Mute, Vol +/-, BT connection
- Microphone: 2 Far-field microphones for voice control
- SPL Max: 90 dB SPL +/- 3dB
- Full Range Driver Size: 35mm
- Woofer Driver Size: 2 x 70mm, vibration canceling “Push-Push” configuration
- Woofer Max Input peak Power: 2 x 60watts
- Full Range Max Input peak power: 1 x 30watts
- Frequency Response: 40 – 20,000Hz
- Voice Assistant: Google Assistant
- Bluetooth / Wifi: Bluetooth 5.0 / Wifi 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5Ghz)
- Wireless Charge: Up to 10-watt charge (Google at 10W, Samsung at 9W, iPhone at 7.5W)
Besides acting as a Qi wireless charger and Bluetooth speaker, the SoundForm Elite has all the functionality of the Google Assistant built-in. Priced at $299/£279, the SoundForm Elite HiFi will go on sale later this year in black or white/grey variants. Check out the rest of Talk Android’s CES 2020 coverage. Don’t forget to check out the rest of Talk Android’s CES 2020 coverage!