If your phone has a punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera then the Energy Ring app will help you extract further use by using it as a way to measure how much battery life you’ve used. The app developer, IJP, adds support for new devices shortly after launch and the latest batch includes the Pixel 5a, Galaxy Z Fold 3, and the Galaxy Z Flip 3.
If your battery is full the Ring will stretch around the punch-hole and slowly deplete to match your battery life. Other notable features include:
- Can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
- Puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
- The direction can be configured as clockwise/bidirectional/anti-clockwise
- Can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games, etc)
- Can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
- Choose a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (Pro Feature)
- You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
- The Energy Ring has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device
Best of all, when your phone goes into a deep sleep so does the Energy Ring app which only wakes up when you wake the device and goes back to sleep once it’s updated the battery reading. So it won’t use up your battery to tell you about the battery. While there are in-app purchases, the app is free to install on the Play Store via the link below.
Download it Here: Energy Ring (Play Store Link)