“O, December update, wherefore art thou December update?” If you are the owner of a Pixel 4 or 4 XL, you might be wondering why the December update hasn’t begun rolling out to your brand new phone. There’s no need to worry, the Pixel 4 isn’t an app so Google hasn’t killed it off, instead, this month’s security patch for the Pixel 4 has been delayed until next week in order to pack in more handset specific fixes.
The Pixel 4/ 4 XL security patch will include the following fixes:
- Fix for static noise in Spotify
- Fix for background audio static in third-party camera apps
- Dark mode support in bootloader
- Fix for lost Bluetooth pairing information
- Fix for pairing issues with Garmin devices
- Fix for flicker in various use cases
- Improve haptics vibration intensity in certain cases
- Fix for misaligned device orientation in some cases
- Fix to suppress power menu on payment tap in some regions
Depending on your region and carrier, the December security patch will update the Pixel 4 and 4 XL builds to the following:
- T-Mobile, Fi, EMEA: QQ1B.191205.011
- Japan & Taiwan: QQ1C.191205.016.A1
- All other carriers: QQ1B.191205.012.A1
Google says that the update will begin rolling out next week, so you’ll need to head to Settings to mash the ‘Check for Updates’ button from Monday onwards, although we’ll be sure to give you a heads-up when it breaks cover.