If your Apple Watch is missing, here’s how you can ping it to find it again using your iPhone.
Losing your Apple Watch is a bit annoying and may even be a tad bit scary. Fortunately, if you do lose it or can’t find it, you can ping your Apple Watch from your iPhone to find it.
This method involves using the Find My app on your iPhone.
Locate Your Apple Watch Using the Find My App
You may already know how to ping your iPhone from your Apple Watch, in case it’s your iPhone that went missing. But did you know it’s also possible to locate your Apple Watch using your iPhone? It isn’t as simple, but the Find My can help you locate any of your Apple devices, including your Apple Watch, MacBook, iPad, and so on.
This method will only work if you have previously enabled Find My on your paired iPhone. Once the app is set up on iPhone, it’s automatically enabled for any Apple Watch paired with it.
Use the steps below to ping your Apple Watch using Find My on your iPhone:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- If prompted, sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- You should see your Apple Watch on the list of devices. Tap it to view its current location.
- Once you tap on your Apple Watch in the devices list, you should see an option to Play Sound. Tap on it, and your watch will play a sound (even if it’s on silent mode).
- To stop the sound, tap Dismiss on the Apple Watch face when you find it.
That’s it! Hopefully, you’ve been able to locate your Watch using the steps above. Keep in mind that the Apple Watch has small speakers, so the sound may not be that easy to hear if it’s far away.
If you don’t have your iPhone nearby, you can locate your Apple Watch using the same process through Find My on the iCloud website.
Lost Mode Can Protect a Missing Apple Watch
The Find My app is very useful in case you can’t locate your Apple Watch and want to play an audible sound or see where it’s located.
If you still can’t find your watch, it may be wise to enable Lost Mode using the Find My app. This protects your information and displays a phone number and a message for anyone that finds your Apple Watch.