While the launch of Halo Infinite Season 2 has added a lot of great content to the game, it’s been far from an ideal update to Xbox’s flagship shooter. The patch controversially removed many of the skill jumps players had learned to perform in multiplayer, and it also removed the fan-favorite “tank gun” from the campaign, too. The update even introduced a new bug that caused the player’s weapon to randomly stop firing during combat, making Halo Infinite’s gameplay experience extremely frustrating for many.
Fans have been looking to developer 343 Industries for an update on the “gun jamming” bug and Season 2’s controversial gameplay changes, and in response, the studio has confirmed that an update to address these issues is coming soon. The post confirms that the root cause of the gun jamming bug has been identified and that a fix will be included in the upcoming patch, and that the tank gun is being added back to the campaign as well. Additionally, several skill jumps will also be made possible again when the update goes live; these include the key door and house panel jumps on Live Fire, the double door jumps on Bazaar, the P-side edge jumps on Aquarius, and the jump near the pizza sign on Streets.
In addition to the gun jamming fix, the return of the tank gun, and the return of several skill jumps in multiplayer maps, the upcoming update will also include a variety of other fixes and tweaks as well. A full list of these adjustments can be found below:
- PC stability improvements
- Based on community feedback, Equipment Pods in Last Spartan Standing will now feature all equipment, rather than just Power Equipment
- The Rakshasa armor core’s leg when using Body Types 1 and 2 will look as intended
- In Campaign, collected Spartan Cores will accumulate correctly and a player’s balance should now always be accurate. – – Some players with campaign saves from pre-S2 ended up with their Spartan Core balance and Equipment upgrade track in a bad state, this should now be resolved.
- Address a rare issue preventing players from capturing zones in King of the Hill
- On Bazaar, the Overshield will now spawn at the start of a match
- Pelican vehicle drops will match their pre-S2 frequency and type
- Wasp respawn timers on Highpower will also be brought in line with their S1 timers
- In BTB, Fireteam color markers should be applied to your matchmaking Fireteam again
- Disabling Speed Lines should function as intended
Overall, it’s fantastic to see the developers taking care of critical issues like the gun jamming bug quickly, and the return of both the tank gun and multiplayer skill jumps is awesome, too. Note that an official date for this new patch hasn’t been communicated yet, though the developers have stated that they’ll have more information to share in the next few days.