With Christmas Day just a few days away OnePlus has a final present for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro owners who have signed up to the Open Beta program in the form of Open Beta 7. This latest OxygenOS release brings some optimizations, fixes, and the addition of the Chromatic reading mode.
The Open Beta 7 build is available for both the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro handsets, and if you haven’t already signed up to the Open beta program you’ll need to do so in order to receive the OTA. We’ve got the full changelog below:
- Added an optimized charging feature to improve battery performance based on usage (Settings – Battery – Optimized charging)
- Optimized the RAM management
- Fixed the issue with auto-record toast messages in the contact app
- Fixed the wrong time format in the status bar
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Added the Chromatic effect option to adapt color range and saturation intelligently for a better reading experience (Settings – Display – Reading mode – Turn on reading mode – Chromatic effect)
It’s important to note that while the Open Beta firmware has already passed through the closed beta program, there might still be a few bugs and glitches present. So if your OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro is your daily driver, you might want to wait until the stable release becomes available.