Next on the list to get some Android 11 goodness are the OnePlus 7 and 7T that launched back in 2019, with the first OxygenOS 11 Open Beta now available to download and install. The beta brings a lot of new goodies with it, but perhaps the most important new feature is Always-on-Display that amazingly was only added during 2020.
Users that adore the stock-like appearance of OxygenOS 10 will likely need to avert their eyes once the One UI-like OxygenOS 11 is installed on the OnePlus 7 and 7T. Apart from the aesthetics, and the addition of AOD, there are a lot more changes and new features, as you can see from the changelog below:
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Always-On-Display feature is under internal test and will be released in subsequent versions. In this build, you can use the “Ambient Display” by picking up your phone or tapping the screen, it can be turned on in the Settings.
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Being a beta, you can expect a few bugs and glitches along the way, and the Android 11 Open Beta is no different, with the following isues already known about:
- Potential risks of increased power consumption and instability.
- In some conditions, the Gallery app might be slower to load and some pictures may not be displayed in the Gallery.
- The devices (earphones, speaker,s etc.) connected through Bluetooth may not be able to play sound occasionally.
- Brightness adjustment may lag in some conditions.