Forza Horizon 5 is one of the most anticipated games of the year, already expected to arrive on our list of best Xbox racing games, and Playground Games is constantly feeding the hype with a steady trickle of new information, incredible-looking gameplay, and more. Forza Horizon 5’s Let’s Go! Episode 7 stream just concluded, and it mostly revolved around the overhauled and expanded FH5 campaign, which will take players on a journey all throughout Mexico. This stream was packed to the brim with new details and information, making it well worth a watch for any Forza Horizon fan.
The highlight of the stream was a ton of gameplay of Forza Horizon 5, including two races and an entire Expedition carried out in co-op. FH5 is looking amazing so far, and the new gameplay shown off today continues to prove it. If you want a rundown of all the biggest reveals and details shared during today’s FH5 stream, look no further:
- Forza Horizon 5’s story campaign is bigger than ever. The goal for players in FH5 is to eventually make it to the Hall of Fame, which requires a ton of exploration, races, collecting, and much more. Forza Horizon 5’s campaign is called Horizon Adventure, and includes various elements, including:
- Accolades, which are specific objectives and challenges that can be completed to unlock new Horizon Adventure chapters, Expeditions to open new Horizon Festival sites, additional Accolades, and more
- Expeditions, which are road trips that unlock new Horizon Festival sites, races, world events, and much more, and feature curated cinematic experiences across Mexico
- Stories, which are smaller slicers of campaign that follow different stories around Mexico, like someone seeking an incredibly rare and legendary car
- The Horizon Adventure is approximately 10 to 20 hours of content for most players, but FH5 doesn’t end when the story does
- Everything can be played in co-op. It was confirmed today that Forza Horizon 5 can be almost entirely played in co-op, and it won’t affect individual progression. That means you can hop into the game with your friends and continue to complete Accolades, continue the Horizon Adventure, and go on Expeditions.
- Massive improvements to wheel support. Going hand-in-hand with FH5’s numerous improvements to physics and driving, the game will also feature many improvements to wheel support, including for force feedback, handling, in-depth settings and controls, and more
- Car collections and rewards. The Car Collection screen in Forza Horizon 5 has been completely redesigned with a new layout, and now features manufacturer-specific rewards for completing the collection, ways to purchase missing cars directly from the Car Collection screen, and much more
- Playground also showed off dozens of cars we hadn’t seen yet, which will be added to our growing Forza Horizon 5 car list
- No demo. One of the only disappointing piece of news from the Forza Horizon 5 stream was the reveal that there will be no demo for FH5 this time around. Players who were looking forward to trying the game before launch will have to wait until release to play. However, Forza Horizon 5 will be available through Xbox Game Pass day one, slightly offsetting the absence of a proper demo.
If you’re as excited for Forza Horizon 5 as I am, then there was definitely a lot to unpack during Let’s Go! Episode 7. In case you missed it, Forza Horizon 5 Let’s Go! Episode 6 also featured a ton of gameplay, as well as showing off the initial drive for the game, the starter cars players can choose from, and more.
Forza Horizon 5 officially releases on Nov. 9, 2021 for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC, Xbox Game Pass, and Xbox Cloud Gaming. You can now preorder Forza Horizon 5, which may include early access to the game and additional DLC content.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. Forza Horizon 5 will be available through Xbox Game Pass day one, including on consoles, PC, and the cloud.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.